We took a quick trip 5 miles out to Sombrero Reef on Saturday.  We wanted to see how the fuel system would hold up to some bouncy conditions and it did pretty well. At this point I'd really prefer to see the needle remain hard against the bottom of the 0 mark.  Instead it moved to the top of that mark.  I think that's still pretty good.  I think our rule until we know better about the fuel situation will just be that we're not going if we wouldn't be comfortable doing it under sail, at least on the outside.   That way even if we do lose the the engine, we should be in a position to get where we need to be without it.  

We also got the staysail up on the furler and used it for the first time Saturday. It did really nicely.  I'm very happy with it.